Did you know that there are over 10,000 ingredients used in cosmetic and personal care products?
And only 13% of them have been reviewed for safety. Many of the ingredients that have been reviewed have shown to have a multitude of harmful effects on women’s health.
So how are you supposed to navigate the products we use and the ingredients in them?
Well, I’m helping to answer that question in this episode of the SHE podcast with non-toxic consumer product researcher, Irina Webb.
Together we dig into how to be a wise consumer who can navigate product ingredients and choose the best non-toxic options.
Meet Irina Webb
Irina Webb is a trusted non-toxic consumer product researcher who’s on a mission to help you make informed and practical decisions about products you buy.
With over a decade’s worth of research, she now educates others on the ingredients and contaminants found in the products we use.
She is a sought-after speaker on consumer product research and a consultant who works with manufacturers and retailers to help them choose the best products and practices. She also works one-on-one with individuals to help them identify how they can choose products that will improve their health and well-being.
Through her site, I Read Labels For You, Irina shares her wealth of knowledge and easy guides to help you navigate products and choose the best non-toxic option.
She has so much knowledge to share, and I can’t wait for you to learn from her!
Learn More About the Harmful Ingredients in Your Products
So what are you waiting for? Tune in to learn:
- The issues we see with consumer products today
- The lack of safety regulation that exists in the US
- What to look for when researching the safety of a product
- Go-to sources for identifying the safety of an ingredient
- Tips on how to navigate an ingredient label and red flags to look for
- The problem of greenwashing and the false marketing terms we should be aware of
- How to switch to cleaner products
Want to dig deeper? Check out these resources: