We’ve all asked the question: What am I here for? Why am I here? Why isn’t my productivity where it should be?
Life can be busy, chaotic, or full so we spend our time wondering if it’s aligning with the calling in our life.
A quote straight out of this episode in response to that feeling is:
“I truly believe God has a path for everyone. But sometimes that path becomes so overgrown with weeds that we can’t find it.”
Isn’t that the truth?! Have you ever felt unsure of your purpose or confused when it comes to what’s prioritized? Do you ever have a hard time knowing what to say yes to and what to say no to?
I’ve been there.
I think we’ve all been there.
So, in this episode, I brought on Productivity Expert and Author of The Joy of Missing Out, Tonya Dalton, to give us the tools we need to clarify our purpose, or our “North Star,” as she calls it, so that we can prioritize building our days and weeks around what matters most.
Here are a few of my favorite golden nuggets of wisdom throughout this episode:
- It’s not about doing more, it’s about doing what’s most important.
- When we live our lives with unhurried purpose and intention, we end our days feeling more successful.
- It’s not really about productivity. It’s about prioritizing your day and living with your purpose.
- Your purpose is your North Star – your mission, vision, passions and core values – and when you create a life centered around this, you’ll be able to prioritize, become more successful, and feel more productivity in your daily tasks.
- Your purpose is there in side of you – it’s been there all along.
- We have to learn the difference between saying, “yes!” out of obligation and guilt verses saying “yes!” out of desire and want (Tonya shares the tools we need to be able to differentiate and give better yeses)
- The joy we’re looking for in our everyday life is ALREADY there – we just have to cut through the noise and clutter to discover it.
- We hear that “winners never quit and quitters never win,” but the truth is that winners quit all the time – they are willing to quit the wrong things, the things they don’t want, or the things they don’t need to be doing.
- Knowing what you DON’T want is more powerful than knowing what you DO want.
And this is just a FRACTION of the gold packed into this episode, each lesson paired with a set of questions or steps to actually prioritize and live a life centered on your purpose in the midst of still having to do all the things, like mowing the grass and pay the bills.
Tune into this episode to learn the tools to redefine productivity and clarify how to live your days so that you are focusing on what matters most, and still able get everything else done that needs to get done.
Tell me in the comments: What did you learn? What was your favorite takeaway?