Did you know that cleaning products are not required to share all the ingredients they use on their labels? They only need to share the active ingredient. And of the 80,000 potential chemicals that could be used in a product, only 1% have actually been tested for safety.
And so many of the ingredients used in our products today have been found to affect our health.
That’s why reading and understanding labels can be an important skill to learn.
In this episode of the podcast, I spoke with the founder and CEO of Just Ingredients, Karalynne Call, about how to identify toxic ingredients in your products, from your food to your feminine care products, and how to make simple and easy swaps that will support your health.
Choosing cleaner products doesn’t have to be an extreme all-or-nothing approach. You don’t have to overhaul your pantry overnight. Even taking one step at a time and finding healthier swaps can make a big difference in the long run. And Karalynne is just the person to show you how to do it!
Trust me – this episode is full of great information. Tune in to this episode to learn:
- Why it’s important to understand ingredient labels and what kinds of marketing labels may be deceptive or confusing
- An easy strategy for interpreting labels and how to find cleaner options
- Why so many companies use artificial sweeteners, dyes, and colorants instead of real foods
- Ingredients to avoid in feminine products and what to look for instead
- Why house cleaners don’t need to list what’s in their product
- What endocrine disrupters are, where they are found, and how they affect the body
- Safer materials to use for cooking and food storage
- How to swap out products in a way that isn’t overwhelming
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Check out these resources mentioned in the episode:
And let us know in the comments below: what did you learn from the episode?