Most of us want to (and try to) avoid pain at all costs – and that includes reliving pain we experienced in the past.
Yes, we want to find healing, but as great as that sounds, the reality is that the journey to get there is not always easy. In fact, the healing process itself can be pretty painful.
Sometimes it seems easier to try and skip past the healing process altogether. But as painful as the healing journey can be, it’s worth it!
In this episode of the SHE podcast, I spoke with author, speaker, and founder of Broken Crayons Still Color, Toni Collier, about how to discover healing after pain.
Toni shares practical steps and biblical wisdom that you won’t want to miss!
Grab those headphones and tune in to learn:
- The importance of addressing the hurt to find healing
- Why healing is often not quick, easy, or linear (and why numbing our emotions doesn’t help)
- Practical ways you can be more intentional about spending time with God even when you’re in the middle of your pain
- How to know when you’re ready to share something that you’ve been healing from
- The importance of healing before helping
- Myths that people may believe about going to therapy and how therapy can make a difference
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Explore these links mentioned in this episode: