Have you ever found yourself stuck between two extremes – between modern medicine and living a more holistic lifestyle?
Maybe you had a bad experience with a doctor and you began focusing on making lifestyle changes and using natural remedies. But now you feel guilty about the prospect of taking any medication or utilizing modern medicine in any capacity – even if it could be helpful.
Or perhaps you’re on the flip side and see natural medicine as a hoax. You utilize modern medicine but have ended up relying on medication as a bandaid rather than exploring root causes or practicing prevention.
In our society, it has become easy to sink into black-and-white thinking and demonize either modern medicine or holistic and natural approaches.
But maybe it’s time to ask if these two approaches really need to be mutually exclusive. What if there could be a healthy blend of both approaches?
In this episode of the SHE podcast, I’m sharing some of my experiences and my thoughts on blending modern medicine with more holistic approaches.
Whether you find yourself leaning towards a more holistic and natural healing approach or towards modern medical practices, this episode will help you explore the benefits of both – and the problem with black-and-white thinking.
Tune in to learn:
- The varying viewpoints on modern medicine vs. holistic medicine
- The problem with seeing modern medicine and holistic medicine as mutually exclusive
- Jordan’s personal experience with utilizing both medications and lifestyle changes
- The problems that can be found in both modern medicine and holistic living approaches
- How to navigate these two seemingly opposite approaches toward healing
Once you’ve listened to the episode, chime in! Let us know in the comments what your thoughts are on the topic.