LISTEN ON YOUR FAVE PLATFORM: APPLE | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Raise your hand if this sounds familiar 🙋♀️… you go to the grocery store to pick up some food and notice that every item seems to have a different term on the label: organic, regenerative, cage-free, pasture-raised, local, grass-fed, grass-finished…
There are so many buzzwords out there, but what does it all mean and why does any of it matter?
How can you learn what’s important to you when it comes to food sourcing?
Answering those questions is today’s guest, Justine Reichman, the founder and CEO of NextGen Purpose, whose goal is to educate consumers on how to understand the food system.
In this episode of the SHE podcast, Justine and I dig into all you need to know about the food system!
Justine Reichman is the Founder and CEO of NextGen Purpose and the host of the Essential Ingredients podcast. Her goal is not only to help strengthen individual better-for-you food businesses but to raise global awareness through education, so the public can make more informed healthy choices.
When the public demands better-for-you food, accessibility and affordability will follow. She plans to take her efforts further: by investing in startups in the better-for-you food space and by supporting policy and legislative change aimed at a healthier food system for our future.
Grab a snack and tune in to learn:
- The biggest issues challenging our farming, production, and supply chains
- What questions consumers should be asking when choosing food sources
- What terms like organic and regenerative actually mean
- How legislative policies affect the food system
- Tips for eating more local foods
- The benefits of eating locally
Want to dig deeper? Check out these resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
- Rodale Institute for organic and regenerative farming
- Essential Ingredients podcast
And let us know in the comments: what did you learn from this episode?
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment