LISTEN ON YOUR FAVE PLATFORM: APPLE | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
In our culture today, working out has often revolved around weight loss and how we look.
Instead of moving our bodies for enjoyment or for true health, we too often move our bodies as punishment for the piece of cake that we ate.
But what would it look like if that changed? What if movement stopped being about weight loss and started being about self-empowerment, joy, and wholeness?
In this episode, I talk with personal trainer and fitness educator Kaisa Keranen about why health is a feeling, not a look, and how we can joyfully incorporate movement into our lives.
In case you’re not familiar with her, Kaisa Keranen is a personal trainer, fitness educator, and social media influencer known for her fun and innovative ways to get people moving.
As the owner of KaisaFit, she’s developed her own method of movement which she shares daily with her clients and social media followers worldwide. Her motto is that health is a feeling, not a look (so powerful, right?). She truly has a passion to help women learn how to enjoy working out!
Kaisa has been featured in such digital magazines as Vogue, Shape, SELF, Harpers Bazaar, Oxygen and ESPNW to name a few. She was featured on the Greatist as one of the most influential people in health and fitness and most notably was asked by Michelle Obama to be one of the go-to trainers for her “Let’s Move” digital campaign.
I love Kaisa’s approach to fitness, and I think you will too! There’s so much to be said about approaching fitness from a place of health and joy, not guilt or pressure.
So, what do you say? Ready to add more movement in your day? Tune in to learn:
- Why it’s so important to prioritize health and wholeness over body transformation and weight loss
- Tips for making movement fun and life-affirming
- The importance of incorporating rest and recovery into your schedule
- Why mobility is so important for everyone and how you can incorporate it into your daily movements
- The importance of appreciating your body and practical steps to deal with negative self-talk
Want to dig deeper? Check out these links mentioned in this episode:
- @kaisafit on Instagram
- Get a free month or a discount on a full year of Just Move with the code SHE
- Crunchi: get $10 off your first order through this link
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment