When is the last time you had fun just to have fun – when you actually scheduled time to enjoy your hobby?
Maybe you’ve got a never-ending to-do list and a hobby seems like a luxury you don’t have time for.
Or maybe you find it difficult to pick up new things because you hate the feeling of being an amateur.
But there’s something really valuable about making time to spend with friends, enjoy a hobby, or just have space to not do much at all.
And it’s even more important to make time for those things in the seasons when you’re less likely to do them – when you’re feeling overwhelmed or walking through a difficult season.
So in this episode, I spoke with podcast host and author Annie Downs about the importance of having fun and how to integrate fun into your life even in the midst of a difficult or busy season.
As part of a series about unmet expectations, this conversation will bring you encouragement about the importance of finding a hobby, especially as adults, and especially when life isn’t going according to your expectations.
If you’re ready to have some fun, and start digging into a hobby you love, then tune in to this episode to learn:
- Why it’s so important to have fun and make space for hobbies
- Reasons why we tend to abandon fun as we grow up
- How to choose a hobby that’s right for you
- The importance of being an amateur at something
- How to prioritize fun in your life
- Why it’s important to hold joy and pain at the same time
Want to dig deeper?