Because we live in a broken world, most of us have experienced dealing with broken people, which means that at some point, we’ve likely been hurt by someone in our life.
But what happens when we’re hurt by another Christian we look up to – or even a church?
How do we move forward after we’ve had a negative experience with the church? And how can we get back to an authentic faith life when we’re feeling spiritually burnt out?
Meet the CEO of Dallas Girl Gang
Amanda Smith is a business coach and CEO of Dallas Girl Gang, a 50,000+ global community of engaged women connecting in career, business, and life.
In 2017, Amanda had a difficult experience with her church which led to a huge life shift and a move to Dallas, Texas, where she began seeking a meaningful and uplifting community of women.
After coming up empty in her search, she created one herself and called it “Dallas Girl Gang” which has continued to grow in recent years and has led to countless collaborations, coaching, online events, and even The Girl Gang Podcast.
Amanda’s own experience with the church was a difficult one, but it eventually strengthened her faith and led to a vibrant community.
Learn More About Navigating Church Hurt
In this episode, we’re talking candidly about how to navigate church hurt and maintain your faith even through negative experiences.
So go ahead, grab those headphones, and tune in to learn:
- The benefits of having a community of believers and non-believers
- How to handle difficult emotions about God and the church
- What to do when broken people or difficult circumstances make you question God’s character
- How to stay strong in your faith even when you’ve had a bad experience with the church
- What to do when you’re feeling spiritually burnt out
- How to find a new church or community
To hear more from Amanda Smith, head over to www.dallasgirlgang.com.