Have you ever walked through suffering or something unexpected and felt like even your friends don’t know how to respond or help?
And they’re not the only ones. You’re not even sure how to hold onto faith given the very real and perhaps painful circumstances you’re facing.
Whether it’s a hefty diagnosis, a loss, a broken relationship, or life just not going how you expected it to, holding onto real faith in the midst of real life can be challenging.
A three-time head and neck cancer survivor and foster-to-adopt mom, author Michele is an incredible inspiration (not to mention an expert in finding faith in the middle of suffering).
Her latest book, A Faith That Will Not Fail, Michele explores powerful personal, historical, and biblical stories of people of extraordinary faith and shares ten practices to help you deepen your confidence and certainty in the God who can be trusted with your worry, questions, confusion, and grief.
If you’re ready to be inspired, tune in to learn:
- Ten practices that help walk through suffering
- The purpose of lament and what the practice of lament can look like
- The importance of giving ourselves time to grieve the unexpected
- How to reconcile phrases like “rejoice always” with the practice of lament
- The difference between relinquishment and giving up
- The importance of sabbath rest and how to incorporate it into your life
Want to dig deeper? Check out these links mentioned in the episode: