Did you know that 9 out of 10 children show at least 1 symptom of sleep-disordered breathing in their childhood?
Or that mouth breathing at night can lead to lots of issues from inadequate sleep to poor digestion?
There is so much to learn about the functional world of oral health – from pacifier use to oral restrictions, mouth breathing, and the use of sippy cups.
In this episode of the SHE podcast, I spoke with functional dentist Dr. Molly Hayes about everything moms need to know about holistic oral health.
Learn More About Oral Health
Tune in to this episode to learn:
- How pregnancy and breastfeeding affect mom’s oral health
- Why dentists discourage the use of sippy cups in children and what alternatives to use instead
- When to end pacifier use and how to wean off of them
- A functional take on tongue and lip tie issues, and the benefits of orofacial myology
- How mouth breathing affects our health and what we can do if we or our children are struggling with this
- Why fluoride may not be the best option
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Check out the links mentioned in this episode: