Despite how social media sometimes portrays the postpartum season as a beautiful and joyful time, postpartum can also be demanding, exhausting, and overwhelming.
For many women, it can be difficult to slow down and enjoy this season.
With a lack of sleep, adjusting to a new little one, and hormonal shifts, the continuous demands of motherhood can be a lot to handle.
So how can you navigate the postpartum season well?
How do you prioritize rest and giving your other children the attention they need when you’re trying to meet the needs of a new little one?
What if you don’t have family nearby to help?
And what if you’re experiencing trauma from birth that is weighing you down?
This episode answers all those questions!
I spoke with labor + delivery nurse and educator Lo Mansfield AKA the Labor Mama about how to navigate the postpartum season.
Trust me – she has some SUPER helpful tips!
Learn More About Supporting Yourself Postpartum
Tune in to learn:
- What every postpartum patient needs to hear before leaving the hospital
- Practical ways to support a new mom
- How to navigate the transition to having multiple kids
- Tips for setting boundaries in the postpartum season
- What questions to ask your doctor at your postpartum checkup
- How to support your mental health in the postpartum season
- Where and how to find supportive communities
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Check out these resources mentioned in the episode:
And let us know in the comments below: what is the best postpartum advice you received?