In today’s society, “healthy eating” is often equated to eating more salads while cutting out gluten, dairy, and sugar.
But are these trends really helping to nourish our bodies or are they causing us to eat less nutrient-dense real foods and instead consume more heavily processed, man-made, fake foods?
As today’s guest says, “As a society, we’re eating more than ever before, but we’re starving on a cellular level.”
So how can we learn how to read food labels and identify foods stuffed with fillers, preservatives, and synthetic ingredients? And how can we incorporate more real foods into our diet that nourish our bodies on a deeper level?
That’s what this episode of SHE explores as I spoke with functional nutritionist Annika Duden. Together they talk about the fake foods infiltrating the standard American diet and why it’s so important to prioritize eating bioavailable and nutrient-dense whole foods instead.
Learn More About Eating Real Food
This is a juicy one! So grab your headphones and tune in to learn:
- What the metabolism is and what it looks like to pursue a pro-metabolic way of eating
- What hyper-palatable foods are and how they’re causing us to be undernourished
- Examples of real vs. fake food
- The problem with our gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free trends and how to source high-quality options
- The best drinks to nourish your body and replenish minerals
- Common sources of toxins in the kitchen and swaps we can make
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Check out these links mentioned in the episode:
And let us know in the comments below: what labels or marketing terms have confused you about the food industry?