Let’s be honest. Setting boundaries is no easy task. In fact, for many people, the thought of having to set a boundary can feel downright scary.
What if the other person doesn’t react well or refuses to follow the boundary you’ve set?
As Christians, it can be even more challenging to set boundaries because we worry that we are unloving or selfish, or that our boundaries will get in the way of our ability to serve others.
But never setting boundaries can easily lead to chaos, burnout, and unhealthy relationships.
So how can we love others well while still establishing important (and needed) boundaries in our relationships?
BTW, if you don’t know Lysa TerKeurst, you should! Lysa is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the author of more than twenty-five books.
Her newest book, Good Boundaries and Goodbyes, dives into the importance of setting boundaries in order to build healthy relationships. She has so much wisdom to share and I can’t wait for you to hear it!
Learn More About Setting Healthy Boundaries
Ready to set healthy boundaries? Tune in to learn:
- What healthy boundaries actually look like and when to use boundaries
- Why it’s unkind to NOT have boundaries
- The importance of limiting how much “emotional access” we grant to people
- How to know when boundaries are needed and when they may hinder an opportunity to minister to someone
- What to do when someone has a bad reaction to your boundaries
- How to know when it’s time to say goodbye to an unhealthy relationship
Want to dig deeper? Explore the links mentioned in this episode: