The Bible often talks about our role in taking care of the orphaned and widowed.
And these verses have led many people to care for children through the process of adoption.
But how else can we answer the call to help the vulnerable around us? What does that look like today and what role can we play?
Let’s be honest. It can feel scary and overwhelming to know how to help at-risk families, but this episode will help break down and address those fears so you can feel equipped to help those in need.
In this episode of SHE, I got to talk with foster mom and advocate, Jamie Finn, about how we can support at-risk children and families.
Meet Jamie Finn
In case you’re not familiar with her, Jamie Finn is the executive director of Foster the Family, the host of the Real Mom podcast, the founder and owner of Goods and Better, and the author of a new book, Foster the Family.
Jamie has four children, two who are adopted through foster care, and she continuously opens her door to kids in need.
And as someone who has reached out to Jamie myself when I started caring for kids through Safe Families and poured over her book, I just need to say that she is an INCREDIBLE resource for those who are fostering, thinking about fostering or just want to better support foster families.
Learn More About How You Can Support Foster Families
So whether you have a heart for the vulnerable or you know a foster family that you’d like to better support, tune in to learn…
- What the Bible says about taking care of at-risk children and families
- Common myths and fears about foster care vs. reality
- The impact of caring for at-risk kids
- Practical ways, other than foster parenting, to help vulnerable families
- What foster care can teach us about how to love biological families and others in general
- How the out-of-your-control nature of foster care can challenge and strengthen our faith
- The importance of self-care and boundaries when we are serving others
And let me know in the comments: what did you learn from this episode?