Ask yourself the question: are you enjoying motherhood or are you just trying to survive?
Of course, you love your kids and there are wonderful parts of motherhood.
But modern motherhood is too often wrapped up in unrealistic expectations, mental overload, comparison, and guilt. Every parenting book and social media account gives you a list of things you need to do if you want to be a good mom.
It’s no wonder mothers are increasingly reporting being burnt out and overwhelmed!
It’s time to let go of the myths of what a good mom needs to look like, start embracing your own style of motherhood, and make time for yourself along the way.
In this episode of the SHE podcast, I speak with author Alli Worthington about her new book “Remaining You While Raising Them.” Together we walk through research-based suggestions for every mom to protect her spiritual, emotional, and physical health while raising children.
What are you waiting for? Tune in and you’ll learn:
- What a national survey of moms can teach us about “mom guilt”
- Why modern motherhood is broken and is breaking women
- Tips for not losing your identity in your mothering role
- Why motherhood is less about what you do and more about who you are
- Six simple mental health essentials for every mom
- The importance of discovering your own mothering style
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Check out the links mentioned in this episode: