LISTEN ON YOUR FAVE PLATFORM: APPLE | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Have you ever considered how you might be able to support vulnerable children and their families?
While many people believe the only way to do this is by fostering or adopting, the reality is that there are still plenty of additional ways we can support foster children and vulnerable women.
And who better to provide suggestions and share a peak into the reality of the foster care system than Tori Hope Petersen, a former foster youth turned foster and adoptive mom?
In her new book Fostered, Tori shares her powerful story of growing up in the foster care system and finding faith.
And in this episode of the SHE podcast, Tori joins me to talk about how we can support foster families and children.
If you don’t know her, you should! Tori was named Mrs. Universe in 2021 and is a Track and Field All-American. She is also a former foster youth who is passionate about foster care reform, adoption advocacy, vulnerable populations, and seeing the love of God change people’s lives!
Tune in to learn:
- Tori’s story of growing up in the foster care system and later becoming a foster mom, adoptive mom, and author
- How growing up in the foster care system can shape your identity
- What the Bible has to say about the Church’s role in helping care for the vulnerable
- Ways we can support those vulnerable children and their families, outside of fostering and adoption
- What it looks like for the Church to be “radically hospitable”
- Struggles that are being seen in the foster care system and how they can be improved
- How to address the trauma that a foster child might face
Want to dig deeper? Explore these links mentioned in the episode to learn more:
- Fostered by Tori Hope Petersen
- @torihopepetersen on Instagram
- Embrace Your Almost by Jordan Lee Dooley
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment